Are You Making Any of These 7 Internet Marketing Strategy Errors?
All of us are busy with our own businesses, and it can be very easy to make mistakes in our internet marketing strategy, especially since the online rules keep changing constantly. Few small business owners can afford the luxury of having a full-time internet marketing expert on staff, so we are left to carry on, hoping to not make fatal mistakes.
So in the spirit of doing all we can to prevent having our local search rankings tank, we’ve put together 7 easy to make local internet marketing mistakes to stay away from. Here’s hoping you do.
- No local content for your readers – If you are serving particular locale, it would be good if it appeared that you knew that. While you may have several locations, including local and, if at all possible, fresh content frequently is an excellent way to enjoy some Google love.
- A poor or missing keyword strategy – This is like not having directions for a long journey you are embarking upon. You need to know which keywords you would like to be found for, and what your audience is in search of. This can only be done properly through some effective keyword research.
- No or not enough reviews – This is a very important component of your local internet marketing strategy, as it provides you with treasured social proof so necessary for visitors. Don’t be bashful about asking your satisfied customers for these, as they will often be glad to help.
- Varying NAP information – The information you put on all of your social media and sites should be consistent, as regards to names, addresses and phone numbers, (NAP or other contact info) This is also extremely important for ranking in Google.
- Not using videos for local keywords – Videos are often a great tool for ranking easily in YouTube and Google for local keywords. You don’t need to go all Spielberg either; just a basic video that is well-optimized will do the trick.
- Forgetting about social media – This is not time to exclude your social media accounts. Make it simple for readers to share and otherwise help spread your content to all their social media contacts as well.
- Not taking mobile seriously – Mobile search is booming, and if you aren’t optimized for mobile, you could be missing out on as much as 48 percent of the local search audience. Invest the time to optimize your mobile site.
Don’t beat yourself up if this may be you as an important strategy for any improvement is recognizing that you firstly have an issue. Following that of course you need to take action to resolve these internet marketing mistakes. But don’t worry your not alone we have internet marketing strategies that can help so if any of these mistakes apply to you just give us a call or drop us an email and we’ll get straight back to you to review your business and undertake a free internet marketing strategy review.